The honey extractor is one of the most important pieces of honey collecting equipment that every beekeeper should have. These tools will only be used once the bee colony has grown and produced honey. The majority of honey collecting equipment is available online or can be created by you. After the honey combs have been gathered, an extractor like the Yescom 2 Frame Manual Honey Extractor will be helpful to properly remove the honey from the combs. This is a safe method of extracting honey that allows the bees to reuse the combs.
What is the honey harvesting equipment?
The extractor is at the top of the list of honey collecting equipment. This machine spins a honey comb and extracts the honey for collecting. It uses centrifugal force and is available in a variety of designs and sizes. Every beekeeper, regardless of need or budget, will find a unit that will work for them.
The extractor may accommodate two, four, or six frames at a time. You can either purchase your own honey extractor or hire one from a local beekeeper, nature center, or beekeeping club. Owning one would be a better alternative. This helps to avoid any hassles once they arise.
Another honey harvesting device is the opener knife, which is used to remove the waxy coating that creates a seal on the honey cells. You can use an electric knife or a hot knife to do this. However, the former type of knife is more reliable.
When gathering honey, you will also need a honey strainer. Straining honey aids in the removal of small fragments of wax, sticky bee, and wood particles from the honey. When straining honey, a kitchen strainer or fine-sieved colander works well. Most beekeepers make use of stainless steel honey strainers.
Other honey harvesting equipment includes a double opener, a fork opener and a bottling bin. All of these help you to safely harvest honey.
What does the Yescom 2 Frame Manual Honey Extractor have?
Yescom 2 frame manual honey extractor is a suitable choice for beginners because of its low cost. The product comes with a galvanized iron stand that measures 16 x 16 x 38 inches and weighs 26.9 pounds. The drum, stand, and stopper are all highly functional, making honey extraction simple and painless. You should also invest in equipment that comes with some additional benefits, such as beekeeping gloves and protective jackets.
Here are some of the unit’s key features and benefits:
- Because the unit is manually operated, it may function without the use of electricity. This is ideal for distant places and can serve as an excellent backup to an electric extractor.
- The stainless steel design makes the unit food safe and rust and abrasion resistant.
- The machine comes with two clear covers that allow the user to easily monitor the honey extraction process. A strong crank inside the drum turns the basket efficiently and smoothly.
- The honey exit has a gate or stop that aids in the regulation of the honey and the prevention of waste. The drum may store shallow, medium, and deep frames.
- It includes a beekeeper jacket. This hat is made of 100% polyester. It has a round hat with a sturdy hoop to keep bees out of your face. It is lightweight and comfortable to wear. Only available in XL.
- The goatskin gloves that come with the unit are quite comfortable to wear. They are XL and constructed of high-quality cotton and goatskin.
The benefits of the Yescom 2 frame manual Honey Extractor with Jacket and Gloves
- The crank within the drum works smoothly and efficiently.
- Extra benefits with your purchase. You get XL goatskin gloves and a beekeeping jacket.
- The extractor is lightweight.
Drawbacks of this honey extractor
- The XL beekeeping jacket and gloves will not fit everyone.
- The extractor scratches easily.
- There have been instances of the extractor arriving damaged upon delivery.
A manual honey extractor should function similarly to an electric device. It will, however, require more effort if you need to harvest honey from multiple frames. Equipment like the Yescom 2 frame Manual Honey Extractor will be more suitable for the less demanding user. This extractor is effective and runs smoothly. It can also accommodate shallow, medium, and deep frames.
Overall, the Yescom 2 frame Manual Honey Extractor performs admirably. It is food safe, long-lasting, spins well, and is simple to use. It does, however, have durability difficulties. When you buy this extractor, you also get a lightweight beekeeping jacket with a veil and goatskin gloves, which is more than other extractors at a similar price.